Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring is in the Air...

Went for a long walk this morning.  I want to get back to walking several miles everyday.  The shopping center was deserted of the gang, but had no drought of shoppers.   I wondered what Ferret, Big S, and Dexter had been doing.  It has been so long since I've seen them. 

Down from the shopping center, I passed Merl's diner and ran across the highway to the railroad museum.  On the tracks was sitting a train waiting for the signal to turn green.  I was trespassing, but the engineer didn't seem to mind.  The Bulls (railroad police) rarely travel this far south from Atlanta.

"Are y'all going to do some switching in Lagrange?" I asked the Brakeman as he stepped out of the big GE diesel.

"No," he said. "We are heading straight to Atlanta."

On the walk home, I noticed beauty everywhere.  The buds on the trees are just about to burst open, and the daffodils had sprung up out of the ground and were blooming.  It the next week or so spring will be here in earnest.  I am ready for the change in seasons, and it will reinvigorate my camping urges.  I once camped out so often and fell out of the habit.  I need to rekindle that love affair of sleeping outdoors in a tent.    

3 comments:

glittermom said...

I am so jealous of your early spring in the south...We are still trying to get rid of the two foot of snow we got last weekend..

mosiacmind said...

It sounded like a really nice morning for you. I am glad that you were able to talk to your doctor and that he listened too. I hope that you have a great day! I

simonsays said...

I'm trying to get caught up on your posts, I have been too busy to keep up recently. I have missed reading your day-to-day, but I want you to know how PROUD I am of you Andrew...look how far you've come in the past months!

You know, I wouldn't be blogging if it weren't for you, and I wouldn't have met all these wonderful, wonderful friends of mine. Back when this was all new to me, your blog was the first one I happened upon that interested me, that I could relate to. I wanted to be a part of a blogging community like you were, and that is why I started writing in the first place. I want to thank you for that!

Have a really good weekend.

Hugs,

Jamie :)