Saturday, June 11, 2016

Carryout? Or Dine In?

http://creativelyclassy.blogspot.com/
"I am whispering because I don't want to wake your mother," my father told me upon answering the phone.

I know the routine well. Never call the landline phone on the days my father isn't working as the phone by my mother's bed will wake her up. This supremely aggravates my father. Mom usually doesn't stir until around late evening if she isn't disturbed.

"How are you Chuck?" my father then asked still whispering.

"I am fine," I replied feeling the need to whisper as well. "All I need is for your to put my Cokes on the back porch."

"I will set them out there," my father replied.

Is my mother that terrible of a person to be around? I have always found her a kind and pleasant person. Dad says she will burden him with problems and "honey do" projects.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Your dad said. "Dad says she will burden him with problems and "honey do" projects," but I think that's a little callous.

Your mother is dealing with her own demons. Maybe her inability to rouse herself is because of the plethora of meds he feels she needs to take.

Guess their vows didn't include the words, "in sickness and in health, for better or for worse..."