Sunday, June 19, 2016

He's Just a Lucky Kind Of Guy, Ya Know?

The chuck wagon parked out front of my house a moment ago. Charlie was here with a box of fried chicken. Dusk was well underway when he arrived. I should have called him and offered to help tonight. His hands were full as he had a lot of people to feed.

"They were out of original recipe so I had to get you extra crispy," Charlie told me.

"That's fine," I told Charlie. "It will be a welcomed change of pace for me."

I don't think I've eaten extra crispy in years so it will be like eating it for the first time.

I helped Charlie bring everything inside and then we took my medications. I needed them tonight as I was feeling mentally addled -- kind of retarded mentally to be exact. I am very lucky to have Charlie as my benefactor for a few days.

"Call your mother and tell her to unlock the back door and that I am on my way," Charlie told me.

Mom, that rebel, got Wendy's again for another night.

So? What's your favorite guys and gals? Extra crispy or original recipe or even more cowbell?

3 comments:

glittermom said...

I always liked the original..last time I got it was greasy and not very good...ate a little and ended up throwing it out,...won't be getting that anymore...I do like their chicken pies though..

Summer said...

I get original as well.

Rita said...

Extra crispy, but locally, we get spicy crispy. After that, the rest is blah!