Tuesday, June 14, 2016

I'll Have the Fried Las Cacarachas Please...

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/
It is Mexican Tuesday tonight. Mom confirmed with me in the last hour what I wanted to eat. I told her to get me the usual as in chicken fajitas. They will give me way more food than I could ever eat in one sitting and I am going to be gracious about the whole affair. The last time I deviated from fajitas and got chilies relleƱos, they messed up the dish and used bell peppers instead of poblano chilies. That was just a travesty for Mexicans everywhere.

A Day Late and a Dollar Short...

This was a first! Dad asked me last night if I was mad at him when he arrived very late last night. Usually, he could care less. It is also usually the other way around as I feel so insecure and codependent around him. He said he lost track of the time "computering". He didn't get here until 9:45pm to buy groceries.

"I just want one period of my life to have independence and money, and I want someone to have to wait on me for a change," I told my father bitingly. "I feel like I am in the army -- always hurry up and wait on someone else."

I actually wasn't mad at my father. I told him his emotional reading of me was wrong. I was just flabbergasted as to how I was going to get all this grocery shopping done yet one more time. It is sensory overload for me.

"I don't know why your daddy does that to you," my mother said later on the phone.

No comments: