Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Look What the Cat Drug In!

http://www.target.com/
I was expecting the Charles Meister tonight but to no avail, but my father came pulling up in front of my house around 10pm to Maggie's and my great surprise. Maggie was just elated.

I was beginning to think I had been forgotten about as Charlie would never leave me hanging so late like that. My father and I gave each other a warm but awkward embrace with lots of banter about missing each other. We then took my medications and got Maggie situated for the night and we then headed off to do some grocery shopping.

I was secretly hoping for Charlie as he wouldn't say a word about the over abundance and indulgence of sweet treats I was planning on getting tonight. Dad would be worried about nutrition and he was. I've gained about 10 pounds this month as well and he remarked about it. My father says drinking 4 gallons of sweet milk a week will certainly put some weight on you.

My grand total was $57 dollars. My favorite item was splurging and purchasing a whole Edwards key lime pie for $5.99. That is going to be such a treat when it thaws overnight. Guess what else I got? You guessed it! Cereal and milk. I got four gallons of sweet milk and three large bags of Kroger frosted flakes.

The  crème de la crème was that we got our favorite cashier, Paige, again tonight. Bless her soul. She is awesome. She waits on you. You don't wait on her.

All the Rage in Gaming Circles...

http://www.tomsguide.com/
Doesn't that look so neat and colorful? Illuminated keyboards are all the rage these days and I want in on the action. I just have to get permission from he who holds the purse strings first.

3 comments:

glittermom said...

Keylime pie! One of my favorites! Doesn't sound like you spent enough to last all week....

Rita said...

Mmmm, key lime pie!

For me, it is salad season. I have several salads that I love and have made in the past. My newest salad http://natashaskitchen.com/2015/06/01/cucumber-tomato-avocado-salad/
I have readjusted it for one serving. Instead of lemon juice, I use red wine vinegar in the dressing. I also add a little prepared mustard to the dressing because once the ingredients are mixed up, they stay mixed and do not separate like oil and vinegar usually do. It also adds a nice flavor as well. http://ritasrecipesblog.blogspot.com/2016/05/avocado-cucumber-tomato-salad.html

glittermom said...

Did you eat your pie yet?