Thursday, June 30, 2016

Gimme...Gimme...Gimme...

A Message From Captain Obvious
That's what I was like when my father stepped inside my house tonight. He had made a special "after closing" run to the pharmacy to get some things for this low-grade toothache I am dealing with this afternoon and tonight. It throbs in pain with every beat of my heart -- pulsations of the hellacious kind.

"What are you cooking?" my father said as we sat down on the couch for the medication ritual.

Maggie was vying for attention from my father and I. Jealously ensued when my father patted me on my shoulder. Maggie jumped up between us causing both of us to laugh.

"Make your presence known Ms. Priss!" dad said with a chuckle.

"Beef Lo Mein," I then told my father before swallowing my handful of crazy meds. "The cabbage takes forever to begin to wilt, though."

"It smells absolutely delicious in here," was my father reprise.

"It is mom's recipe," I told my father. "It was a childhood favorite of mine that she cooked."

"Those pills for your toothache should start working in about an hour and then maybe you can get some rest tonight," my father told me.

I thanked him extremely profusely for some relief of this throbbing in a lower molar. The addict in me was hoping for something a little more hardcore and exotic like Demerol (Demonal) or Oxycontin, though.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Looks like a trip to the dentist...is this the same tooth that was bothering you awhile back...