Thursday, June 16, 2016

The Trial of the Rumpus...

My injection was this morning. I admired myself in that I set my alarm clock and didn't rely on my father to wake me up. I am slowly becoming a responsible adult. I ate two strawberry Pop-Tarts and then headed to Kamath Medical ten minutes before the top of the hour.

"You're back!" I exclaimed joyfully to my favorite nurse. "I thought I had lost you."

My regular nurse, Rebecca, is very fair skinned and you could easily see her blush.

I know I am going to sound whiney this morning, but my injection today felt like a hot poker in my gluteous maximus. Boy, did it burn. Sometimes, I won't even feel it, but today was not one of those days.

Something funny happened at the pharmacy after I returned. There was a sign that said ask about John's cough syrup. I was just joking about trying it when Matt pulled on this big bottle of my father's elixir.

"Matt! That cough syrup is 15% grain alcohol!" my father urgently said.

My new bottle of cough syrup was immediately confiscated.

3 comments:

glittermom said...

Is your fathers new career moonshining?

Rita said...

Most cough syrups have alcohol in them. No surprise there!

glittermom said...

There's only a very small amount of alcohol used to keep it soluable...more likely Codine is in it....there is alcohol in a lot of things,hand sanitizers, mouth washes...