Friday, June 10, 2016

Ice and Snow in Arkansas...

I will never forget this haul. I was based out of Birmingham, Alabama on the Dollar General account and had to take a load to a little small podunk town in Arkansas. I got caught in a winter weather event. It thrilled me and scared me at the same time. I eventually had to put on my tire chains, a laborious process, to make it out of Arkansas. That payment looks wet, but it is actually ice. I was having trouble backing up to the loading/unloading bay. I couldn't get traction.

4 comments:

glittermom said...

How long did you drive the big rigs?

Andrew said...

2 years Glittermom.

glittermom said...

I'm impressed...was this before your illnesses started to develope? And before you started self medicating with alcohol. Were you married at that time? You've never really talked about what your life was before..maybe we need an outline. LOL...I remember in school we always were making outlines...they probably don't even do that in school anymore..

amelia said...

Fascinating!! Love these stories!!