Saturday, June 04, 2016

Was No One Home?

http://prescription-drug.addictionblog.org/
I called my father's cell phone and he didn't answer. I then called the landline phone and didn't get an answer either. I decided to drive to my parent's house to see what was happening or going on. I knew my mother would certainly be in the bed this time of the day. She will usually answer the phone much to my father's chagrin.

Well, the back door was open so I let myself inside. Mom was dead to the world in the bed. I checked the back porch, a favorite spot for my father on such a day, and no one was out there. I then checked my father's bedroom and he was getting dressed after a shower. He was naked as a jaybird and getting toweled off.

"You're some hard folks to find!" I said with a chuckle as my father grinned.

Dad told me to get my sodas and sit on the back deck and he would be out there in a moment. He didn't want to wake my mother. I grabbed an icy cold diet Coke out of their fridge and complied.

"I bet you are wanting your medications," he told me as he sat down outside after cracking open a diet Coke.

It had been over 24 hours since I last took them.

"They would be nice," I said approvingly.

"I will be over at 3pm with your meds and I won't make you wait," my father promised.

Actually, the worst withdrawal was last night when I was trying to go to bed. I felt much better this afternoon when I awoke after lunch. I was past the hardest part.

_____________________________________________________

Papa arrived at 3:15pm so he was pretty true to his word. He was talking to Charlie on his cellphone the whole time he was here. Charlie told me to get ready tomorrow night as he was cutting my hair. Dad's biggest fan, Maggie, was so glad to see him. She put on quite the show at his arrival. 

3 comments:

glittermom said...

You would do a lot better if you got on a regular time schedule with your meds...I don't understand why your dad doesnt realize it...

Rita said...

I so agree with glittermom. And, these are really supposed to be given in the morning, aren't they. I know your dad wants the best for you, but in all of his research and knowledge about medications, knowing that they should be given in the morning should be at the top of his list.

Lena said...

Just checking in on you Andrew. I hope all is going well. I will be reading to catch up.

Lena