Thursday, June 23, 2016

Simma Down Now -- Simma Down...

It's not like me to be so negative as I was in the last blog post. I guess I needed to vent and you tend to vent to your old friends much like many of you are to me out in blog land. Many of you are so dear to me and I needed a lent ear. I am pretty much a laid back and loving life kind of guy.

Negativity also fosters more negativity and I am surprised I didn't get any nasty, scolding, or harsh comments out of that latter post to the blog.

Charlie and I performed the medication ritual tonight much to my relief. I was so glad to see that Chevrolet pull to the curb in front of my house. My father was meeting an old friend at the Irish Bred Pub downtown. Charlie also brought two large sized Arby's roast beef sandwiches and some of those delicious curly fries. As you may already know, Arby's is my all time favorite fast-food restaurant hands down. It is expensive, but worth the money -- a notch above all the rest of the fast food giants. Where else can you get two loaded Rueben sandwiches for under $10? And one that actually tastes good?

4 comments:

glittermom said...

You did nothing wrong venting...if your father came the same time every night you wouldn't have to go through that...I find it very frustrating waiting for someone to show up when they are late...so alls fine....

Rita said...

I see nothing wrong with you complaining about your father arriving so late. We all have our days and moments and complaints. Sometimes, we just have to vent!

I almost responded with a response that I have given before. I am not trying to hate on your father, but your medication would better serve you in the morning. You know that and he has heard that. He is a pharmacist for God's sake! And, they should be taken at the same time everyday!

I have often wondered if you could be trusted to take your own medications? You know better than I do. If you had all the bottles of meds, would you take the amount you need at the correct time? Would you over do it? Would you take more than you should? Would you stop taking them?

As glittermom said, it is frustrating to wait for someone. And you do it everyday.

I wonder if your dad would allow you to go to his house in the morning and take your meds? It would put some of the control and responsibility on you. It is just an idea. If you just put the idea out there and let it percolate with him for a while, it might work.

amelia said...

I have to agree with both Glittermom and Rita! You shouldn't have to wait like that at night. Mornings would make a lot more sense!

skinny minny said...

or what about a third party like a home nurse to bring them?
I think about the fact that your dad is not going to be around forever so if there isn't some other method in place whats going to happen when something happens to him?