Monday, June 13, 2016

Yay! It is Grocery Day!

I am chomping at the bit about buying groceries tonight! I am subsisting today on PB and J (actually strawberry preserves) sandwiches with wheat bread acquired from my fretting and doting mother. Wheat is just no substitute for white bread, though, when it comes to peanut butter and jelly sanwiches.

I hope to buy more frosted flakes cereal and my four gallons of milk tonight. I am also craving my two allotted weekly bottles of Mountain Dew Baja Blast for the week that I like to drink when I am writing my "grocery store debriefing". lol

Tomorrow's supper is going to be beef Stroganoff using Charlie's wife's recipe.  I will have to put the recipe up sometimes, but you use the cans of steamed Brazilian beef they sell at the grocery store. The hardest part is boiling the noodles. It makes a hot, filling, and rich meal with lots of leftovers.

I am also going to try my very earnest tonight to change Maggie's dog food to something more premium without that poultry by-product meal. Wish me luck because my father is going to balk something fierce at this change. I seriously doubt I will be able to do it, but I am going to try. I know some of you are going to wonder when I will eventually grow a backbone. You have to be very careful and wise not to antagonize he who holds the purse strings.

My main meals are going to be more of that Tai Pei frozen Asian meal fare. It is pretty good with some extra soy sauce (which I need more of) added to kick it up a notch. I love the spicy and tongue biting General Tso's Chicken. The Pepper Beef is really good as well. The Bourbon Chicken is sweet, but not in a garish or unappealing way.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Most grocery stores don't carry premium dog food, you need to get that a pet supply store...we have a few different ones here...petsmart, pet supplies plus, petco....

diana said...

Coupons Andrew! http://www.retailmenot.com/view/bluebuffalo.com
I use several sites because this is the only cat food my cat will eat.