Monday, June 06, 2016

We Have a Green Light For Grocery Night...

http://streetsmartmarketer.net/
Dad called me this afternoon.

"You've been struggling today," my father said. "I can tell. You are not usually this needy."

I am usually very content to be in my own little world.

"Yeah," I replied remorsefully and teary eyed. "This hasn't been one of my better days."

It seems I've had to call my father for dozens of reasons today -- shades of my mother. I am in what he calls "high gear".

"Meet me at the Circle K down from your house. We will gas up our cars and you can get your favorite drink. We'll take your medications before we leave. I'm leaving West Point now."

I met my father at the Circle K on Gilmer Ave. Dad gave me a pep talk and I did get to feeling much, much better.

"Sometimes, it's the little things that can make all the difference in the world," he told me as I slurped on that ice cold and delectably delicious Sobe citrus fountain drink. "Just look at all you've accomplished these past few years."

I told him a thousand thanks.

"I'll meet you at Kroger around 9pm to buy your groceries," my father told me. "Go on in and get started even if I am not there yet."

No comments: