Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Dad's CR-V or Keeping the Head Honcho Happy...

My father has gotten me up a project to do today. He just dropped off his Honda CR-V as the air-conditioning has gone kaput. The dealership wants over $500 to fix it.

First things first as I want to make sure the compressor clutch is working and no fuses are blown. Then I will charge the A/C system with pressurized Freon and a purple fluorescent dye. The dye is to see where the refrigerant is leaking (if it has a leak).

If the A/C compressor has really gone out, then it is only $150 for a replacement from AutoZone. A far cry from what the Honda dealership wants to fix it.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Did you fix it?

Andrew said...

Summer, I sure did! It was the clutch on the compressor and dad has cold, cold A/C coming out of his vents.