Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Sonic, Books-A-Million, Petco...

"Can I have some extra chocolate syrup on my banana split?" I asked the carhop over the intercom. "I will pay extra for it."

"Sweetie," she said loudly with a background crackle. "Don't worry about the money. I will have your desserts out in a moment."

You never know what you're going to get at Sonic or what to expect I have learned over the years. I always tip well for prompt and good service, though.

"I should have gotten extra syrup as well," my mother lamented which made me chuckle.

My banana split was delicious and fast, and I tipped the carhop an extra $2 dollars.

Mom and I both have taste-buds like kids or teenagers. My father loves to tell us that as well.

Mom bought five more books at Books-A-Million this morning. She was worried about angering my father for spending all that money. Why do we live in fear of that tyrannical man? It is not just me. It is mom as well. She fretted about it the whole drive home.

"Have you ever read Crazy in Alabama?" mom asked me as we drove to the pet store.

"Oh, I love that book," I told my mother. "It was a real treat!"

"I was going to give you a copy if you've never read it," mom continued.

Next was Petco. We got some good advice from one of the employees and got Maggie a large bag of Blue Buffalo Chicken and Brown Rice dog food. Maggie's already had a half a bowl today and loves the stuff. She's been eating Purina One for years and years, and you know she has to be delighted at the change in her food.

_______________________________________________________________


http://www.jokeroo.com/

What is your opinion on my still feeding Maggie breakfast every morning? Do you think it will harm her in the long term? Tough love? It is such a cherished ritual around here. 

3 comments:

KLW said...

I think feeding Maggie a breakfast treat is fine but you have to be careful of what it is. Many pet skin and ear allergies are food related with wheat and corn being among the most common. Grits are corn. Biscuits are made with wheat flour. You might go with straight protein like scrambled eggs for a couple weeks and then add back in the wheat or the corn to see if she reacts.

glittermom said...

Keep the quality small....

Summer said...

I think eggs are ok, but I would check with your vet to make sure.