Friday, June 10, 2016

Grits? Fine By Me!

http://www.cdkitchen.com/
It is getting to the end of the week were the eggs are in short supply.  I hadn't got my tennis shoes on good after waking and Maggie was already in the kitchen laying by the kitchen table. She knows the routines well. I got in the kitchen and rustled us up some buttery grits and cheese toast.

I was cutting up the cheese for our toast when one piece fell off the counter and rolled onto the floor. I swear it disappeared about as fast as it met the linoleum. Maggie looked up at me like, "More please?" I couldn't help but to start chuckling.

"Yeah, I bet you would like some more," I told her.

Dad says I am going to constipate that dog.

Now, Maggie can't understand why she has to wait to eat and I am already eating mine. I am letting her's cool down some before I give it to her.

Did You Call Me?

I keep trying to reach my father on his cellphone. I am chomping at the bit to take my medications early today, but he doesn't answer. I may be stupid, but I am pretty sure he doesn't leave the house without that cell phone in his pocket. I get paranoid thinking he is intentionally avoiding. me and my calls because "I might want something out of him". I finally just left a message on his voicemail and put the issue to rest.

1 comment:

amelia said...

When I'm in the kitchen cooking or baking, our dogs are always at my feet and nothing touches the floor!! They get it first every time!