Sunday, June 19, 2016

The Lax Dog Father...

http://www.oddee.com/

Charlie was running really late this morning. The biscuits were cold, but that was something the microwave could easily remedy. Maggie and I were just glad to get them and to see Charlie as well. I wanted to know he was safe and sound as I grew worried with each passing hour.

"I'm bringing you and your mother supper around seven," Charlie told me. "Do you want your usual?"

I said yes and Charlie said goodbye. No hair jokes this morning. Charlie was all business. Charlie seemed flustered by the lateness in his deliveries.

Well, Maggie was putting up a fuss when I realized I hadn't prepared her biscuit and put it on the floor in her customary paper bowl.

"Bless your heart, darling. I am so sorry," I told my precious Maggie as I tore her biscuit up in little bits.

American Chinese...

Did you know that fortune cookies are an innovative American invention? Yes, they are.

Last night's fortune cookie said great wealth was coming my way which was so stereotypical. I chuckled as I read it to mom.

"If it came, I wouldn't be able to spend it," I told my mother with a goodhearted huff. "It would be confiscated by the feel good police also known as Johnny Otis."

No comments: