Thursday, June 02, 2016

Tell Judy I've Put in My Notice...

https://www.reddit.com
I got up at seven and it felt like sheer torture -- my eyelids feeling like lead. I knocked the alarm clock off the back of the bed trying to turn it off. I just don't get going until around lunch these days often sleeping 12 hours a night. Dad called at 8am to make sure I was up and going.

"Get in the shower and scrub yourself good and clean," he said.

"No time for breakfast," I told my darling dog who was already lingering in the kitchen.

I was on the road at 8:45am to get my injection. My usual nurse, Rebecca, had the day off and this made me very nervous. I was sitting in the lobby when the nurse practitioner abruptly opened the door and called my name. She even wanted a big hug which put me at ease. Her name is Mary and she is a true sweetheart after I warmed up to her.

I bled a little bit today which worried Mary something fierce.

"Did it hurt?" she asked me. "Do you usually bleed?"

"I didn't even feel it," I replied to her honestly. "I didn't know you were finished."

She wiped off the blood and put on a band-aid and then sent me on my way after a parting hug. Dee Dee and Pat already had my next appointment set up when I reached the office area. Blessings be to those two very prudent ladies.

"Go get you and Maggie some breakfast," my father shockingly told me as he handed me a $20 dollar bill.

I got two McDonald's bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits for me and then I got one of the same for the Magster. Needless to say, I had one very happy dog when I arrived home.

2 comments:

glittermom said...


💉

Summer said...

How far is your doctor's office from your house?