Thursday, June 09, 2016

The Harbinger of Good Things...

I was surprised as I sat at this computer to see my mother come pulling up in front of my house in her little tan Honda Civic. It certainly piqued my interest. She's been really bad about sleeping her days away lately. I worry she is just depressed, but she is already on a plethora of medications. That could be the cause in the first place.

"I brought you something to eat and drink," my mother said as I walked outside to her car.

Maggie was going bonkers to see her. Alas, mom said she couldn't walk that far today.

"Hey, my sweet Maggie girl!" my mother hollered across the yard as Maggie stood behind the screened door and barked.

"Eat this barbecue chicken plate and there are some leftovers in the bag," she told me. "There is also 3 cold sodas in the bag."

I profusely thanked her, gave her a kiss on her cheek, and soon she was on her way home.

I hadn't sat down for 5 minutes when the phone rang. It was my mother.

"You need to toast those dinner rolls in your toaster oven," she said. "I already buttered them."

I thanked her again and we got off the phone.


2 comments:

glittermom said...

Looks like one of those church dinners?

Andrew said...

Glittermom, you hit the nail on the head!