Saturday, June 11, 2016

The Dog Dad...


I had four eggs left and a hungry human and dog to feed this morning. Times like this is when wholesomely enriched, filling, and buttery grits are a godsend.

"You hungry girl?" I asked Maggie as I pulled on my pants not long from climbing out of the bed.

It was freezing in here as I had turned the air down to 74° degrees before bed last night.

Maggie sat on the floor beside me wildly wagging her tail.  Some days it is good to be a dog dad. It is very easy to make Maggie a happy dog.

I scrambled four eggs and made a big pot of grits. I decided on the fly to add cheese to the grits which makes them very thick and rich.

After breakfast, I watched some television as Maggie lay with part of her touching my foot.  That is just another little Maggieism. She loves doing that to my father as well.

No comments: