Wednesday, November 07, 2018

A Good Time Was Had By All…

The date started auspiciously. 

“It’s not going to cost $100 dollars to eat at Jim Bobs!” my father exclaimed yesterday afternoon. “You two can eat for $20 dollars.”

“I just want enough cash in case I need it,” I told my father. “It will give me peace of mind. I promise to give you what is left.”

Dad reluctantly reached in his wallet and gave me five twenty dollar bills.

I arrived at Tracy’s apartment at seven sharp her time and knocked on the door. Tracy answered and welcomed me inside. Her apartment was so neat and not at all what I expected. House plants were everywhere,

“I am running late,” she said. “There is beer and Cokes in the fridge. Help yourself. I am going to finish putting on my makeup and then we will go.”

Of course, Tracy’s cat, Wheezy, parked herself in my lap just like my father’s cat always does. I’m always a cat magnet and I don’t even like cats. I was careful not to touch or rub my nose and eyes lest my allergies would act up.

Tracy stepped out of the bathroom and I was like WOW! She looked gorgeous all dressed up and with makeup on – not the same frumpy, t-shirt clad girl who works with me every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

“You look ravishing darling,” I said playfully.

She giggled and acted shy.

We ate at Jim Bob’s and talked and talked. We were mesmerized with each revelation about each other.Then it came time for drinks. It was already getting close to ten my time and I was yawning. I don’t know what possessed me in picking such a late time to go.

“Tracy, I am going to have to pass on the drinks,” I said. “I am an old man and not used to these late nights out.”

It had been many years since I felt a woman’s embrace. I took her home and she gave me a long, heartfelt hug at the doorstep and we said goodbye.

“This is nice,” she said as we were in our embrace. “You sure you won’t come in and stay awhile?”

“I better head home,” I replied.

“See you in the morning,” Tracy told me excitedly.

“I will be there at nine my time,” I replied.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you two had a good time! If you're worried about the line between friends and lovers gets blurred, then don't. It is okay for two people to like each other's company and want to spend time together. Have fun while you still can!

Jennifer 💖💖💖👍

Anonymous said...

Oh, one more thing. The start of a relationship is the most magical time. The butterflies you feel while you long for her. The anticipation as you wait to meet somewhere. The feeling of her hand in your hand. And when lips meet, the fireworks fly!!!

Jennifer 😍😍😍