Thursday, November 15, 2018

Maggie! I’m Home!

outlawkingMaggie was barking fervently as I walked across the yard from the car tonight. “Where have you been?” she seemed to urgently say as I stepped through the front door. I plopped down on the couch with a loud sigh as Maggie thoroughly sniffed me finding out where I have been. It’s a smell she is becoming accustomed to.

“I’ve got a lady friend, Maggie,” I told her as I turned on the television and took the shoes off my tired dogs.

I gave Maggie a big hug and then I told her I loved her as I scratched her back. That seemed to have settled her down some.

I had driven down to Tracy’s apartment tonight. Tracy was studying for a chemistry exam which was tomorrow evening and I watched The Outlaw King on Netflix at her home which I had been itching to see. It was okay. A little slow in places. I actually didn’t watch the ending as I gave up on it and got up to leave – ready to head home. Poor Tracy. I know I had to have been distracting, but she said she was really glad I was there.

“Drive safe, doll,” she told me. “Call me when you get home.”

We gave each other another tantalizing peck on the lips, a long embrace, and I disappeared into the night like a tomcat on the prowl.

One thing I am noticing about Tracy is that she tends to be a loner despite her bubbly personality. She is just not being overrun with girlfriends. I am not exactly running over with friends myself these days except for my blog friends and (gasp!) Tuleana and Richard.

Outlaw King Synopsis…

A true David vs. Goliath story of how the 14th century Scottish 'Outlaw King' Robert the Bruce used cunning and bravery to defeat the much larger and better equipped occupying English army.

No comments: