Thursday, November 08, 2018

The Perils of a Work Place Romance…

broken_heartTracy and I were talking on the phone tonight and she was speaking of all these plans she had for us. I had to finally pull in the reigns.

“Things are moving much too fast,” I told her alarmingly. “We agreed to just remain friends.”

There was a long silence on the other end of the phone until she softly said, “Okay.”

“You know I will be your best friend forever and ever?” I replied. “You know that?”

“I know,” she said. “It’s all my fault. I just get carried away sometimes.”

“We still have to work together so no hard feelings?”

“No, you’re right. I’m sorry,” she told me sounding defeated.

It was one of the harder things I’ve had to do in recent memory. She sounded so brokenhearted. We said good night and Tracy said she wished she could give me a long hug goodbye.

“I’ll see you in the morning bright and early,” I told her. “We’ll talk more then.”

1 comment:

glittermom said...

She seems to be a bit needy. I feel sorry for her.