Monday, November 19, 2018

Insecurity…

morning afterTracy worriedly met me at the door to the Society when I arrived this morning. I was taking off my coat as Tracy couldn’t get her words out fast enough.

“I got so worried about you last night,” she said. “I called your phone probably ten times and it kept dumping me into your voice mail.”

“Dad and Charlie bring me supper every Sunday night and Charlie cleaned my bathroom in case you would spend the night. Things were busy. Dad and I then talked over an hour on the phone last night as well,” I replied. “Then I turned my ringer off and went to bed. I didn’t get in the bed until after midnight.”

“I thought you were avoiding me after what happened Saturday night. I thought I moved too fast.”

“Saturday was a wonderful night,” I said giving her a big hug. “I was still furiously smiling the next morning. Don’t you worry yourself at all sweetheart.”

“I almost drove up and got in the bed with you last night,” she replied. “I had picked out a night gown and everything. I wanted to see you so badly.”

“You should have come. I would have relished the company. Next time you just drive on up to the Valley.”

“Can I come and spend the night tonight after class?” Tracy asked.

“You most certainly may,” I replied excitedly. “I’ll see you tonight.”

I had to get busy cleaning the kennels and took my leave of Tracy as she began to tackle the cat room. I grew increasingly excited about tonight as the day progressed. Thankfully, I had planned ahead for the scenario of Tracy spending the night. My sheets, pillow cases, and comforter are all washed and clean. They still smell strongly of Gain fabric softener.

Curing the Crapper…

Mike the plumber called me on my drive home.

“Are you going to be at your house soon?” Mike asked.

“Mike, I just left work and will be home in thirty minutes,” I told him.

“I will see you in about an hour,” he said.

Charlie was right. It was the plunger. Mike installed a new plunger assembly and my toilet is no longer leaking and running every hour. I called Charlie at work and thanked him for doing that for me.

No comments: