Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Andrew Almost Screwed Up Big Time…

grissomsselect logo

Grissom'sWe had bought my groceries and I needed gas after all my running around Opelika last night.

“Come on, we’ll do it now and then I will do my shopping,” Old Fuss and Feathers told me.

Dad insists on putting my gas on his Visa card.

I sped across the parking lot to Kroger’s gas station and swerved violently to the right to miss a light pole – tires screeching and everything. I just didn’t see it. My mirror barely tapped it and it didn’t do any damage except for just a little yellow paint that can be buffed off. I am just getting to where I can’t see to drive at night. My heart is still beating fast from that almost encounter which would have severely damaged my car. WHEW!

I spent a little more tonight at $59 dollars. I got a dual pack of JIF creamy peanut butter for $11 dollars and two $4.99 canisters of Mrs. Grissom’s chicken salad. A black lady remarked on my JIF purchase.

“Honey? You going to spend $11 on peanut butter?” she incredulously asked with a small child standing by her side.

“It’ll keep me from having to buy it again next week,” I replied. “And I save a dollar fifty.”

That’s what pushed my total up so high. No Jack of Speed trip tonight since I had to get gas. We left at 8:45 pm and I got back at half past nine. Forty five minutes was still a respectable time for driving to and fro and buying gas and groceries.

Earlier, Tuleana called me at eight. I got so excited when the phone rang thinking it was my father wanting to go early. What a let down! She just wanted to let me know she got her food stamps refilled and was all happy.

“I am happy for you too!” I told her.

She was putting out feelers to see if I could take them to buy groceries tomorrow. Out of gas was my excuse. They are persistent aren’t they? Tuleana doesn’t give up at all. That's the difference between a crazy person and a rational person.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Glad you and the car are okay. I am getting at the age where it is hard for me to drive at night, also. I take it nice and slow much to the chagrin of other, more capable drivers. You need to tell Tuleana to kiss off. You're too good-hearted for your own good.

Jennifer 💋

Rita said...

I have never been a very good driver at night. I am an introvert who doesn't go out much and staying in at night has always appealed to me. I would have probably hit more than a light pole if I was out very often at night.

Tuleana will keep working you because you are an empath, and unlike other people, haven't told her to go away.