Thursday, November 29, 2018

The Fickle Tides of Emotion…

“I loved the song you dedicated to me tonight. It was truly beautiful,” Tracy wrote to me on messenger last night. “You are so sweet.”

“You seem so down tonight,” Tracy then wrote worriedly. “Are you okay?”

“I am feeling this intense feeling of loneliness and discontent,” I replied.

“I almost drove over to dad’s house,” I furthered. “And spent some time with him.”

“I was afraid I would bother him, though. He would be watching some TV show no doubt.”

“Drive down here. You know you are always welcome any time of the day or night,” Tracy wrote.

“It is tempting, but I have to be at dad’s house in the morning for our visit time,” I replied.

“We watch trashy TV and dad let’s me drink my fill of diet Coke.”

“Do you want me to drive up there? You know I will,” she wrote.

“It’s too late. I would worry about you on the road this late at night.”

“I love you if that makes you feel any better. You hold the key to my heart.”

“It melts my heart. I love you, too!” I wrote to her in return. 

No comments: