Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Possible College Reenrollment…

College CapMy father and I discussed my going back to college tonight. He wants me to try one class and see how I do.

“I think I can do it now that I do not drink,” I told him. “I was drinking so heavy the last time I tried. I was showing up for class drunk.”

“Start slow,” my father replied. “Take only one class in the beginning.”

“I want to take World Literature with Professor Sands,” I told my father. “Dr. Sands taught me English in grade school. We have a rapport with each other.”

“We don’t have to rush things,” dad said. “You wouldn’t start till after New Year’s anyways.”

“You’ve given me something to look forward to. Thank you,” I told him. “Classes start the 7th of January.”

“What’s going to be your Major?” dad asked.

“English,” I replied. “I first wanted to be a social worker, but let’s be realistic.”

Dad chuckled.

“Well, we’ll talk about it some more as the time goes on, Chuck.”

I told my father goodnight and thank you once more.

1 comment:

Rita said...

I think you going to college is a wonderful idea. It will be stimulating for your intellect. You are great with electronics. Does a local school have training for certification in something along those lines? You may not need to learn anything more along those lines. It makes me wonder if you could have your own business repairing people's electronics? There is nothing wrong with a degree in literature, but is there some way of using it to support yourself? Maybe that is not even a consideration.