Tuesday, November 27, 2018

My Ladies Get Me In and Out…

The setting was another injection. I had to be up bright and early at 8 am. I signed in and went to sit down when Rebecca opened the door to the examining rooms and called me back. Pat and Dee Dee had already greeted me when I walked in.

“How was your Thanksgiving?” Rebecca asked as she led me to the examining room.

“It was fair to middlin’,” I replied as we say in the South.

“How was your Thanksgiving?” I then asked Rebecca.

“It was okay,” Rebecca replied. “We drove to Birmingham to my parent’s house. I hated that long drive.”

We talked a long time about how the holidays can be hard on the infirm and mentally ill. Those kind of folks tend to get left out or marginalized.

“Big prick!” Rebecca then said as she inserted the two inch long needle.

I didn’t even feel it except for a little pressure as the fluid expanded within my gluteal muscle. I bid Rebecca farewell and told her thank you as always. I grabbed my next appointment card from Dee Dee and headed to the pharmacy.

“That was really quick!” my father exclaimed. “You were only gone twenty minutes.”

“My girls take care of me,” I replied with a thankful sigh and a grin.

I asked dad to step out from behind the pharmacy counter to tell him something in private.

“If you call on my home phone then let it ring twice and I will call you back,” I told my father. “It is best to call me on my cellphone. Tuleana is driving me crazy calling all the time and she thankfully doesn’t know my cell number.”

“Don’t you let her harangue you into carrying them around again,” my father said with great caution.

“I’m not,” I replied. “That’s why the two ring rule is going into effect. The 1st is Saturday when she gets her government money and she wants me to take them all around on their rounds paying bills, getting prescriptions and buying groceries at Walmart. It would be like a seven stop trip and they certainly won’t put gas in my car.”

I felt better with that little detail taken care of and I headed home to my Magster who was waiting in the window for me. My dear darlin’ of a dog.

No comments: