Saturday, November 17, 2018

The Longest Journey...The Sweetest Reward...


Dad called me this morning and told me he had two extra season tickets to the Auburn game.

“Do you want to come?” he asked. “It’s Auburn’s last home game.”

“Can I bring Tracy if she wants to come?”

“Sure,” he said. “I look forward to meeting her.”

I called Tracy and she sounded so excited about going.

“I haven’t been to an Auburn game all year,” she said. “Let me start getting ready.”

“I’ll pick you up around 2 pm your time,” I replied.

Well, I picked Tracy up at two and she looked gorgeous. She was neatly dressed and had on perfectly and meticulously applied makeup. I remarked upon what a babe she was and she told me thank you and giggled.

“I want to make a good first impression with your father,” she told me.

“Get you a warm jacket and possibly some gloves as it will be really chilly by the end of the game,” I told her.
  
We headed to the game. I liked to have never found a suitable parking spot. Dad, my brother, and brother-in-law were already in their seats. Dad and my brother gave Tracy a big hug as I introduced her to them. I liked to have frozen my ass off the whole game I am so cold natured. I had brought some hand warmers from my camping days and they really came in handy. I handed some to Tracy.

Auburn won big. It was a rout. My father and brother were ecstatic and exuberant. There were many hugs and high fives. Tracy and I got in on the revelry.

“War Damn Eagle!!!” my father hollered as loud as he could as if it were a Comanche’s war cry of victory.
  
Tracy and I made our way back to my car which was still in one piece thank goodness. I was worried about it. We headed back to Tracy’s apartment amidst suffocating and stifling traffic. I finally pulled into her apartment’s parking lot and let loose a big sigh. It was pitch black dark outside now. I’ve told you all how I hate to drive at night especially in traffic such as that. Tracy let us in and I parked my butt on the couch. I was just exhausted from all of today’s exertions and orchestrations. Wheezy, of course, jumped up into my lap purring.
  
“She’s not going to bite you, you know?” Tracy said giggling some more. “You can pet her.”

I refrained from explaining to Tracy how cats make my eyes water and itch.
  
Tracy fixed her a glass of red wine and I drank a diet Coke which she had bought a 12 pack specifically for me and put it in the fridge. We talked about our day and my relatives.
  
“I just loved your dad,” Tracy said. “He’s so much fun and kind, too!”

Tracy really had a good time, but it was not my cup of tea. I didn’t tell Tracy this, though. Tracy is much more outgoing and much abler than I for such outings.
  
Tracy drank a second glass of wine and soon put the empty glass on the side table. She moved closer and closer to me until we were locked in an embrace and passionately kissing. She just laid one right on my smacker catching me by surprise. I could smell the alcohol on her breath and taste the red wine on Tracy’s tongue and it was a curious and pleasant sensation. I knew things were getting heated when she took her bra off. Curious fingers on both sides then began to explore previously forbidden places.
  
“I kept hoping you would make the first move, but I guess it was up to me,” Tracy told me almost breathless in a whisper and then she continued kissing me.

We finally and begrudgingly composed ourselves. Our clothes got put back in proper arrangements. I was ready to get home and see about my house and see about my Maggie. I had been gone all day. We passionately kissed one more time on her doorstep and then I was on my way home. I had a big grin on my face as I headed up the interstate. I keep telling myself to relish these first few weeks and months in our relationship. They are always the most exciting, vibrant and passionate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was fanning myself as I read that second to the last paragraph. It got me all hot and bothered! lol, I envy you of that experience. Enjoy yourselves and your company. You deserve it, Andrew. I will just have to live vicariously through your words.

Jennifer πŸ’‹