Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Rethinking A Conversational Ride Home…

“Hey you!” Tracy said over her cellphone. “What are you doing?”

You could tell by the noise that she was driving and her radio was playing softly in the background.

“Maggie and I are listening to big band jazz on my computer surround system,” I replied.

Tracy laughed that Maggie was listening as well.

“She’s laying at my feet and loves it. She especially loves Diana Krall’s voice.”

“I was about to ask if I could come over, but I am already halfway home and I didn’t want to impose,” she said.

“If you change your mind, you are always welcome here. I could put a Red Baron pizza in the oven,” I replied.

“That sounds so nice!” Tracy told me. “All I need is a nice cabernet.”

“What are you doing?!” I then asked as there was a lot of commotion and noise going on the other end of the phone.

“I am trying to turn around and head your way,” she said. “You sure you wouldn’t mind having me?”

“I would be delighted,” I replied.

“I will be there in about 30 minutes. See you then,” she said.

“Home and hearth is waiting. I’ll see you then!”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I always love the company to share a meal and good drinks. Hope you two have a good time. Tell Maggie to behave herself. lol

Jennifer 💋

glittermom said...

I think she’s interested in you. Don’t break her heart.

Sharyn said...

But as a mother, I am worried about her drinking. I still feel that she knows you don't drink (for what ever reason) and she's insensitive to it (Maybe wrong word). I mean, why not say, "Hey, I'll swing by Micky D's and bring the sweet tea!" But she's GOT to have her Cabernet. And you know that's one thing your dad will NEVER allow, her possibly leading you astray. I know, you're saying, "Oh I would see that and never let it happen." But love does really strange things to folks......<3

Sharyn said...

Oh, make sure she takes her empty somewhere besides your trash. If Charlie sees it while cleaning up, or laying on top of your can; well.....Dad may have a few questions. And if you want to avoid dad's questions, hide the bottles!!