Monday, November 12, 2018

Captain Zero…

CokeZeroI recycle water bottles. I’ve got about a collection of twenty I keep in the fridge to keep them cold. We have really sweet and clean tap water here. Every morning before I leave for the Humane Society, I put six water bottles in a little collapsible cooler I have.

Well, this morning I wanted something different to drink and I swung by the Circle K just down from my house and bought six Coke Zeros. Dad is going to think I bought beer I just know it. I gambled and we will have to wait and see the outcome. The total expenditure was almost eight dollars. Oh hell, it is my money and I should be able to spend it. I am going to stand up to him on this one. This keeping me from beer crap gets taken too far most of the time. If I really wanted to get it then I would and I could.

Mother Nature Abhors Us This Morning…

It is just pouring rain. I hated putting the dogs in the outside kennels this morning. It was cold and damp out there. I hurried to finish cleaning so I could let them back inside. We’re only at half capacity which makes my job much easier. We’ve had a lot of adoptions lately which is nice. I love seeing the dogs I’ve fallen in love with get a good home. Sometimes, I can get possessive, attached, and hate to see some go as well.

Tracy was having a bad morning which is rare for her. I wish I had her usual Pollyanna attitude about life.

“I can’t do anything right this morning,” she told me. “Mrs. Barbara said I was putting too much litter in the litter boxes.”

We got on the subject of what was the worst thing that has ever happened to us.

“I woke up Christmas morning, stepped outside to drive to my parent’s hanging furnacehouse to open presents, and my car wasn’t there,” I said. “It had gotten stolen on Christmas day.”

“That is terrible!” Tracy exclaimed. “I bet that ruined Christmas.”

“Yes, it did!” I replied. “The police, Charlie, and my father were soon at my house.”

“You already know the worst thing that has ever happened to me,” Tracy told me. “It was when I caught Michael sleeping around with all those loose women.”

Before I left for the day, I turned up the heat in the kennels much to Mrs. Barbara's chagrin. It was chilly in there and I wanted the dogs to be comfortable. It was on 70° degrees and I set it to 75° degrees.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

In our small town, one lady put pictures of her husband in all (like, both) the stores that sold alcohol. DO NOT SELL TO THIS PERSON! Talk about embarrassing! And I told you about the time a cashier closed her check out stand to make the announcement "Joe is trying to buy BEER!! If you know Joe's sponsor, call him quick!!" I thought that was so embarrassing for the guy. Of course, it might have become (this was 2000) part of HIS story! LOL