Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Sleepyhouse…

corned beef hashPapa just stopped by braving the weather with some homemade corned beef hash, buttered biscuits, and a garden salad. He made a homemade dressing for the salad by mixing ketchup and mayonnaise together. It was delicious and a much needed diversion on a dreary night. I think half of Alabama has cabin fever like me after it has rained for three days straight.

“When is it going to stop raining Mr. Meteorologist?” he asked me.

“They say it is going to taper off at dawn,” I replied. “It might get down to 29° degrees Friday morning. The high tomorrow is only going to be 41° degrees.”

I thanked dad profusely for the hot meal and he soon headed on his way after coveting his old TV one more time.

“I still can’t believe you fixed that TV,” he said.

Even Maggie has cabin fever. I walked into the laundry room and Maggie’s head was out the dog door and the rest of her body was inside. I chuckled heartily. This is about the time of the night she likes to sit at the fence gate and bark at things unheard and unseen. She has to assert her dog authority throughout the neighborhood.

No comments: