Friday, November 23, 2018

Blessed Be the Charlies of the World…

chich-fil-a-sadnwichWho me? Diet?

The phone rang waking me from a long nap this evening. I didn’t get much sleep last night in a strange and overly soft  and quilted bed.

“I’m in front of the high school just driving past it,” Charlie told me. “Meet me at the road in 10 minutes and I’ve got you and Maggie some supper.”

I thanked Charlie richly and waited for his arrival. Soon, he came pulling up in front of my house. I walked out to greet him as Maggie went nuts at the screen door.

“I’m in a hurry to get Horsefly, but here is three Chick-Fil-A sandwiches and an extra large diet Coke,” Charlie told me. “Love you! I better be on my way. We’re going bowling.”

I couldn’t thank Charlie enough. I told him he was such a kind soul. These little surprises can really make your day. I was just famished and the thought of more peanut butter and crackers was abominable. Maggie had just been whining about and begging me for something to eat other than her dogfood. We were both tired of our usual fare and Charlie hit the spot. The chicken sandwiches were delicious and I absolutely savored and relished the gigantic diet Coke which was ice cold, bubbly, and coy in a way that there was an underlying taste that was hard to discern.

No comments: