Sunday, November 18, 2018

Love Has Many Faces…

mowlogo

I woke up in a panic. Had I overslept? I was just worn out from yesterday. Dogged tired. Charlie hadn’t arrived yet so that gave me some comfort. I looked at my cellphone and the time was 10 am. Whew!

“Maggie? Charlie’s coming!” I told my precious dog.

She got in the window on lookout. Charlie arrived at 10:30 am. Maggie started to yelp and whine loudly signifying he had arrived.

“Meals on wheels is running late this morning,” Charlie told me as he walked across my yard.

Maggie and I greeted him at the front door.

Charlie came inside after handing me two biscuits and a giant diet Coke. He got on the couch with Maggie who put on a grand show of affection. Maggie was feeling her oats this morning. She would playfully run around the den and jump back on the couch. Rinse and repeat. Charlie laughed and laughed.

“Look at her go,” Charlie said pleased.

It was going to be a busy morning. I had a date to meet dad at 11 am. If I don’t call him at 10:50 am he begins to worry and will call me instead.

Dad was enjoying his sausage biscuit and senior coffee when I arrived. Charlie just had left.

Politics and CNN was the viewing choice this morning. Trump (Little Daddy) has been really busy as of late. Politics bores me and I consider it a fool’s errand.

“You better sit out Thanksgiving this year,” my father told me. “There is going to be lots of champagne, beer, and wine. I’ll be sure to bring you and Maggie a big plate of food.”

I said okay a little bit disappointed. I always get left out on the holidays. It makes me think my father is embarrassed of me and that is his true motive for keeping me at home.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

He should give you credit you wouldn’t drink. Will he ever trust you. If you do not drunk when your alone why would he think you’d drink around your family. Sometimes he just makes me so mad.

Sharyn said...

What is it with you people and booze! Which is more important to Dad? The Martha Stewart Award for best table to time with his family? To UNINVITE you is horrible!!! I don't think he cares about you in this. He just wants to drink (get drunk) with out guilt or having you put a damper on his party.