Sunday, November 11, 2018

They Say Papa and Charlie Are Coming…

fill ups“Papa and Charlie are coming!” I exclaimed to Maggie and she ran into the den to get on the back of the couch.

She was on lookout. I was relying on her to let me know when they got here. I had just called my father to get an ETA and he said they were already heading out. 

I sat down in my recliner to watch Jamestown on Georgia Public Broadcasting all the while fiddling with my tablet. Suddenly, there was someone coming up my front steps and then there was a knock on the door.

KFC anime“Now? How in the hell did you miss them arriving?” I asked Maggie, astonished.

I then decreed that Papa and Charlie were here and opened the front door. Maggie went apeshit bananas and started to bark loudly and howl.

Charlie didn’t clean tonight bless his heart. He just got Maggie some fresh food and water as he does every Sunday night. Dad remarked on the TV again about how good a picture it has. They weren’t here ten minutes and then they were gone again. Papa and Charlie didn’t dawdle tonight.

I got the same thing Horsefly gets and that’s the chicken tender $5 dollar fill-up. Maggie got all the chicken and I ate just the biscuit with some honey to stick to my diet. I later snuck in the kitchen and ate two small bananas and a tablespoon of creamy peanut butter which I relish.

2 comments:

Sharyn said...

Fred used bananas and PB when he felt his blood sugar low in the middle of the night. Shhh...You can eat it without teeth! LOL

Andrew said...

Sharyn, you gave me the best laugh I've had in a long time. Thank you for sharing that. I am still grinning ear to ear after reading your comment!