Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Mr. Smooth Operator…

smooth operatorLast night was a flurry of activity brought about by Tracy’s imminent arrival. I have a Blu-ray disc of different fireplaces and picked a fireplace and put it on loop. I then turned the computer desk lamp on and turned the other main lamp off. The room flickered romantically from the fire on the TV screen. Next, I got the pizza in the oven. I wished I had a Digiornos pizza, but Red Baron had to suffice. Soon, Tracy’s black Volkswagen Beetle pulled up in front of my house.

“Hey sweetie,” she said as I opened the door.

Oh, my heart went into a whirl. She looked gorgeous last night despite having no makeup and her work clothes on.

“Hey gal,” I replied. “Come on inside.”

It is amazing what dogs know. Maggie has instantly welcomed Tracy into her pack. When Tuleana and Richard would come over, she would hide in the hall and look into the den apprehensively. I would have never thought Maggie would be the jealous type as she lay in-between Tracy and I as we sat on the couch. She was our referee.

We talked and talked and talked some more. I told her some things in my past and she didn’t balk. She had a few skeletons in her closet as well. We were really honest with each other last night.

11:00 pm rolled around and I told Tracy we better get some sleep. We both had to be up bright and early to arrive at the Humane Society. Tracy gave me our first kiss as she was leaving. It was just a peck on the lips, but a kiss none the less. It send a tingling down my spine and my heart had a few palpitations.

3 comments:

glittermom said...

Glad was a such a good night ...more to come I imagine.

Anonymous said...

Yes! I told you it would be like fireworks on that first kiss. Just wait until you French kiss, your heart is going to melt and you're not going to want to quit. I am so glad you all got together. Tell all the wine naysayers "pshaw" as sometimes a girl needs a little wine to loosen up and feel amorous.

Jennifer 💋

Anonymous said...

yah.