Sunday, November 25, 2018

One Biscuit, Two Biscuits, a Diet Coke…

I woke up early today even after a late night of watching the nail biting ending of the LSU and Texas A&M game. Seven overtimes! Charlie arrived at 9 am and was in good spirits.

“How’s my Maggie dog doing?” Charlie asked stepping inside for a moment.

Maggie wiggled jubilantly and barked even more briskly.

“How can McDonald’s consistently run out of sausage?” Charlie asked me.

“Poor management I guess,” I replied.

“Well, you two get bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits this morning,” Charlie told me.

YES!!!

Charlie was soon on his way and Maggie and I relished our biscuits. The bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits taste so much better than the plain old sausage biscuits. Charlie loves us, but he is also cheap and sausage biscuits are only a $1 at McDonald’s. I think the bacon, egg, and cheese are over $2 dollars so we were living high on the hog this morning.

I then grabbed a shower and headed to my father’s house. He is all embroiled in the debate of Britain pulling out of the European Union. That’s all he watches on TV these days except football. YouTube is his candy store as far as videos on the topic go.

“The people voted 52% to 49%,” he said this morning. “They are pulling out. That will be 39 billion less pounds for the EU. Maybe this will stave off the recession Britain was heading into.”

I timidly asked for an extra pack of cigarettes this morning. I was running dangerously low with one pack left in the freezer which is my paltry reserves at the moment. Dad huffed and puffed and went back to his bedroom to get it. When my mother got aggravated with my father or they had a big fight she would always say loudly, “I hate you Johnny!” That’s what I said to my father when he walked back into the den for huffing and puffing. He laughed and laughed and laughed some more.

“You made me think your mother was alive and well and still with us,” he told me.

No comments: