Monday, November 05, 2018

Just As Friends…

Jim BobsTracy asked me out for dinner today as soon as I had arrived at the shelter this morning. I was taking off my coat and hanging it on the coat rack when she asked. It was like she just couldn’t wait.anymore and had to urgently get it over with. She had made up her mind. It completely caught me off guard and by surprise. We’ve gotten pretty close lately, but I didn’t realize it was to that point in our relationship.

“It doesn’t have to be fancy,” she said. “We will grab a bite to eat at a place of your choice. I just want to spend some time with you and talk.”

“Tracy, I was a 20 year old man when you were born,” I replied. “A May to December relationship may not be the best of things right now. You’re also still reeling from the breakup with Michael.”

“It is just as friends, silly,” she said to me smiling broadly and giggling like a little school girl. “We’re not going to rush home and get in the bed afterwards and have wild sex.”

“Well, okay,” I said. “Just as friends.”

Chicken_Plate_3“Let’s go to Jim Bob’s in Opelika and get their wonderful chicken tenders,” I told Tracy.

“Sounds like a plan to me,” Tracy replied. “Do you want to go tomorrow night? Or tonight?”

“Tomorrow would be fine. The weather is going to be iffy tonight. Let’s say I pick you up at 7 pm your time, Central time,” I said. “That will be 8 pm my time, Eastern time.”

For the rest of the day, Tracy’s and my heads were in the clouds. It was almost hard to concentrate on cleaning the kennels. It was so exciting to be going out with a friend. I’ve missed having a close comrade in my life. Tracy and I have grown closer and closer these past few months till we think we know everything about each other.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I’m glad you have a new friend. Enjoy your time together.