Tuesday, November 06, 2018

Duty Calls…

VoteI woke up very early this morning in a panic that my injection was due.

“Is my injection this morning?” I asked my father over his cellphone.

He said he was shaving when I called.

“It is due next week,” Old Fuss and Feathers said looking at the appointment card. “I am glad you are being aware of it though.”

I hadn’t been out of the shower for ten minutes when Mrs. Barbara called.

“Will you come in and handle the front end while I go to the dentist?” she asked. “I’ve had a filling come out.”

“Sure,” I said. “I will be down there in thirty minutes.”

She didn’t want to leave Tracy all alone.

All Tracy talked about was going out tonight and how excited she is. I was on the verge to cancel it to be honest. I am a nervous wreck today. Tracy’s exuberance dulled my desire to cancel somewhat.

Margarita“Now, we are going out for drinks afterwards,” she said. “I know a Mexican restaurant and bar that makes a killer margarita and they don’t skimp on the tequila.”

“I will drink virgin margaritas since I am driving,” I replied.

This should prove very, very interesting seeing Tracy after she’s had a few drinks in her. I can see it heightening her bubbly personality.

Mrs. Barbara showed back up two hours later and I headed to the polls. I mostly voted a straight Democratic ticket hoping to send a message to Washington about the Trumpster. The only Republican I voted for was Kay Ivey, our governor. She’s like having your grandmother as governor of the state. She can be kind of a maverick with regards to her politics as well. She doesn’t always tow the Republican party line.   

I had a relative called Little Daddy who was always mean spirited and boastful. He’d get hopped up on pain pills and go on a mean streak. Dad always laughs when I say we have Little Daddy in the White House. It’s true! Trump acts just like Little Daddy. He’d be just as xenophobic and mean about all those “Mexicans” trying to enter our country as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am dying to find out how things went. Write as soon as you can!

Jennifer πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Anonymous said...

I am dying to know, too! Hope you two kiddos had a good time.

Sharyn said...

A woman who has a need to drink when no one else is having alcohol at the table, could be trouble. When she heard you didn't drink or thought about it, she might have suggested an ice cream parlour. Just be careful. You could be her NEW designated driver. Just watchout for those 2:30a "come and get me" calls.

You've known me long enough to recognize my constant pessimism. BUT if it does work out and you get married, I will send you a toaster, engraved with "I was wrong!". lol

There IS a reason most dating sites ask, "Do you own a car?" "Or can you drive". Pretty single girls need to get to walmart too!