Wednesday, November 21, 2018

What am I Going to Do With My Electronical Skill Deficient and Phobic Family Members?

Charlie called me as I drove home from the Society. His big 65 inch television wouldn't come on.

“Simplest things first, Charlie,” I said. “Check the batteries in your remote.”

“I’ll put a fresh set in and call you back,” Charlie replied.

That didn’t work so I told Charlie to unplug the TV for 20 minutes and then plug it back in. Wait 5 minutes before hitting the power button on the remote.

“I’ll call you back in a little while,” Charlie said.

“If that doesn’t work, then I will drive out to your house and have a look for myself,” I told Charlie.

So, now I am awaiting his call back.

*****************************************************

I just drove out to Charlie’s house and the TV is kaput. The main power supply board has gone out. Charlie is driving to Walmart to see if it has a warranty. Janice saved the receipt thankfully. If it is out of warranty, then I am going to order the required part and install it to repair the television.

No comments: