Saturday, November 24, 2018

Party Time and Pizza Galore…

iron bowl

Soon, I shall travel down to Tracy’s apartment to watch the Auburn/Alabama game with much revelry. She is ordering my favorite pizza and that is Papa John’s. I am very excited to be on my way in a moment.

Tuleana called me at 9 am this morning waking me up. I answered the phone with a sleepy hello. I was expecting my father and our grocery dilemma. We still haven’t bought my groceries for the week.

“Roll Tide,” she said loudly and obnoxiously.

“War Eagle,” I replied loudly and tersely in return.

There is no mistake that Auburn and Alabama football is one serious rivalry – the Iron Bowl as they call it.

She was at her mother’s house nearby and kept dropping hints that she wanted me to pick her up and bring her back to my house.

“I sure would like to see you Jon-Jon,” she kept saying by her pet name for me.

I told my father this morning that I think Tuleana has the hots for me. She calls me at least twice a day these days. I have done nothing to lead her on I promise. Dad replied that I would be her ticket out of poverty and that’s why she likes me so much.

“Let’s run real quick to the Piggly Wiggly and get your groceries,” he then said.

“Dad, I’ve only been up an hour and haven’t showered or shaved,” I replied.

“What do you have to eat?”

“4 packs of Ritz and cheese crackers and a jar of creamy peanut butter,” I told him. “I will be fine until tomorrow. Tracy is ordering an extra large pizza and cheese bread for the game.”

He grumbled some, but said okay. He was soon leaving for my sister’s house in Alexander City to watch the game and wouldn’t be home until late tonight. I have a mind to just go buy my groceries after the game and suffer the consequences. What can my father do except to berate me and I have a thick skin these days. It is all so silly in my opinion – this incessant need to keep me in control and to control my spending.

No comments: