Thursday, November 15, 2018

Not Long Did I Linger…

strawberry preserves and toastThursday mornings is a time dad and I get together and watch television. We had buttered toast slathered with strawberry preserves for breakfast this morning. It was a sweet treat. Dad is a bad influence as far as my diet is concerned. My sweet tooth rejoiced, though.

“Do you want some coffee?” my father then asked.

“Not this morning,” I replied. “Thank you, though.”

I like my coffee cold brewed these days of the café latte and mocha varieties. The Califia brand.

Dad was acting funny this morning and it perplexed me. I asked him why.

“It’s not you I assure you,” he said. “I feel like I am coming down with a cold and I am going back to bed when you leave.”

I took dad’s trash out to the bin and then came back inside and got an icy cold diet Coke for the road as I like to call it.

“Love you, son!” dad said when I said goodbye.

I told him to get to feeling better and I drove home.

No comments: