Tuesday, November 20, 2018

A Moment of Endearment Last Night…

I was almost sound asleep last night when Tracy vigorously shook my shoulder.

“Andrew, what is that strange noise?” she asked.

I lifted my head off the pillow so I could hear with two ears.

“That’s Maggie,” I said. “She is snoring on the computer room bed.”

Tracy giggled.

“She snores like a freight train,” I told her.

“That is so cute!” Tracy exclaimed.

“Maggie!” I said loudly. “Shh!”

The snoring stopped.

“You need to go to sleep,” I told Tracy. “You have to work in the morning.”

The last thing I remember was her cuddling up close to me wrapping her arm around me spooning and I was sound asleep. My girl with the curls and the curves.

Morning Comes…

Tracy had to be up at six thirty her time to get ready for work. I begrudgingly got out of the bed and got in the kitchen to scramble some eggs, fry bacon, and make some buttery toast. We sat down at the kitchen table to eat. Maggie was begging for some bacon.

“Is it okay if I give her some?” Tracy asked.

“Be careful,” I replied. “She may try to take a finger as well.”

Tracy laughed.

My phone rang as I was cleaning up the kitchen from breakfast. It was my father and it was awful early for him to call.

“My iPhone is not charging,” he said in a panic. “I think the battery has gone out.”

He’s had a series of problems with it lately. He has a second generation (1st generation?) iPhone. It is time to trade up I told him. He said he was getting a shower and heading to T-Mobile. He's had his old phone for six or more years.

“Will I lose all my stored phone numbers?” he asked.

“I am pretty sure they can transfer them over to your new phone,” I told him. “They’ll just put your old simm chip into your new phone.”

That made him feel much, much better and emboldened about getting this new phone.

No comments: