Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Eastbound and Down! Loaded Up and Truckin!

syringe-wholesale

Dad called me at 1:00 am last night sounding panicked. I was still up watching the television and fiddling with my tablet listening to the rain pitter patter on the eaves of my roof..

“Your shot is in the morning!” he frantically said as if we had already missed it.

“It’s no big deal,” I replied calmly, assuaging his worries. “Just call me at eight and make sure I am up and I will drive down and get it. It won’t take but 30 or 45 minutes. You just have the prescription filled when I arrive.”

Dad called me right at eight this morning. I had just popped two unfrosted strawberry Poptarts out of the toaster. It was like handling hot baked potatoes.

“You okay?” he asked worriedly. “You and I both haven’t had much sleep.”

“I am ready to roll!” I replied exuberantly.

He chuckled and told me I was a good man.

Guess who was back? I hadn’t seen her in a month! Rebecca, my coveted nurse, welcomed me back this morning to administer my shot. She had gained a lot of weight I noticed. She still looked the sexay in her dark blue scrubs. Seeing her was the icing on the cake. I have a slight crush on her.

The shot went without nary a hitch after much small talk and banter and I was soon on my way back to the pharmacy. Dee Dee had me all set up for another two weeks. I just had to grab my next appointment card off the counter.

“You look nice this morning, Chuck!” my father told me – a man who doesn’t give compliments lightly.

I thanked him for the compliment and headed home in a pouring rain. It is supposed to keep raining until tomorrow night. Yikes, but I enjoy the interesting weather to be honest. 

No comments: