Monday, November 12, 2018

Not Gonna Do It…

rainstorm“Let’s go ahead and get your groceries tonight,” Dad told me over his cellphone as he was driving home from the pharmacy.

“Not gonna do it,” I replied. “It is thundering and lightning outside. Maggie needs dogfood, though.”

“I’ll go get Maggie’s dogfood,” Old Fuss and Feathers said. “I wish you would come with me and get your groceries.”

“Not gonna do it,” I replied again to my father’s consternation. “I’d be soaking wet just loading up my car. I'd catch the death of me in the process.”

“I’ll honk my horn and you can run out and get Maggie’s Purina One.”

“I will be waiting on you,” I said. “Can do that.”

I had told my father last night that it was going to be bad weather-wise tonight and that Maggie needed dogfood. He didn’t listen to me. I asked to be able to use my debit card to debit Maggie’s food last night at the Piggly Wiggly and he said no that we would get it tonight. Now? He is riding around in a rainstorm trying to get Maggie up something to eat. He can be so hardheaded at times.

3 comments:

Sharyn said...

Why can't you have a small allowance to spend on anything you want? You have to filter your convenience store purchases, computer parts; all thru him. Every so often, he says you need to do more for yourself then he pulls in the reins!

Andrew said...

Dad is a control freak with regards to me. I am slowly winning his trust in everything but slowly is the main word. When will he ever trust me and let me make my own decisions?

Andrew said...

I will give him this... Giving me control of my medications was a major leap of faith for him. He wanted to take it back several times. I have to be extra special careful to take them as prescribed less helter-skelter ensue