Friday, November 16, 2018

Comrades in Arms Against a Tirade! (Hyperbole)

kitty and litter boxThe day started normally. I was the first to arrive so I got everything up and running. The dogs put on this grand cacophony of joy as I walked into the kennels to check on everybody. This day would take on a sour note, though.

Tracey was the first to be berated today. I was standing in the lobby when Mrs. Barbara told her she was still putting too much cat litter in the litter boxes. I was next…

“Sweet pea,” she said to me. “Please leave the thermostat where I set it. Fiscally things are tight right now.”

I said yes ma’am and headed back to the kennels to finish my job for the day.

Later, Tracy walked back into the kennels to talk to me.

“Who pissed in her Cheerios this morning?” Tracy asked with a smirk.

“She told me later her nose is to the grindstone and her job is on the line.”

“What about my job?” Tracy asked worriedly.”I hope I don’t get a pay cut.”

“You’re pretty much irreplaceable in my opinion,” I replied.

“I had a really good time with you last night,” Tracy then told me with a sly grin as she gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheek. “You are welcome any time.”

“Are you nervous about your chemistry exam this evening?” I asked intrigued.

I wish I had taken my second chance towards school more seriously years ago, but I was going to biology exams drunk.

“Just a little bit,” she replied. “I’ve studied as much as I can, though. I never want to see the periodic table ever again.”

I wished her luck and then she went into the outside kennels to mingle with and check on the dogs this chilly day.

No comments: