Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Taste of Fall…

DSC_0100It was a chilly 53° degrees when I got up this morning.  I looked out the kitchen window into the dark after turning on some heat and my neighbor was in his favorite chair on the carport bundled up in warm clothes. The carport light was on.  I wonder what he is really going to do when temperatures get down into the 30s and 40s in a few weeks. Oh, I am just being a nosey old busybody of a neighbor.  It’s none of my business really. He’s quiet except for an occasional coughing fit and he is unobtrusive and that is all that really matters.

I spent most of my morning moving one of my computers into the den via a wireless internet connection that came integrated with my motherboard. I was afraid the connection speeds would be paltry, but I am downloading and browsing as fast as can be. I am getting four bars out of five signal strength on the other end of the house.  Now I can use a computer out of that dark dungeon that was my computer room.  It is so bright and airy here in the den.

Charlie has arrived with breakfast.  Dixie flew out the door to go greet him at the road.  Maggie safely and jubilantly barked from the other side of the screened in door. Charlie was congenial, but in a hurry to finish all his deliveries while the biscuits were still fresh and hot.

“I’m headed to Polly’s,” he said of his sister as he left in a flash. 

Charlie left me with a feeling of loneliness and I never get lonely for the most part.  Boredom is always my greatest nemesis sitting in this old house of mine.

Malfunction Junction… 

Laura texted me yesterday at noon…

“Can I call you?”

I texted back that my father was soon to arrive with my medications and asked nicely if she could call back later.  I think I pissed her off as she never called. I kept wondering all day if the honeymoon between her and Wayne was over. She has told me in the past that she is calling me to come get her if things don’t work out.  Man, that’s a long ass drive.

Photo Credit:   http://www.hcpress.com/featured-photo/fall-colors-not-as-vibrant-or-intense-as-in-past-years-but-still-quite-a-sight-for-leaf-lookers-in-the-high-country.html

2 comments:

amelia said...

Just don't be used...

glittermom said...

Your mornimg temp was colder then us northern folk....wasn't there a woman who moved in next door? You had gone over to say hello to her..maybe she's his mother? How old does this guy look...a mystery meighbor....you should go say hello so you have an idea about him....I'm sure your smart enough not to be used