Wednesday, September 02, 2015

How Do You Sleep?

Atlas_and_the_earthIt’s a simple question, right? But, oh so hard to answer.  I was up for most of the night. My sleep patterns are just wildly erratic these days.  Luckily, I don’t have to work and can sleep when needed.

I’d say I woke up about 2am this morning.  I finally got in bed and fell asleep again around 6am.  7am arrived with me sound asleep and my father was calling on the phone wanting to go to Columbus.  I gathered myself, wiped the sleep from my eyes, and drove over.  Well, now I can’t go back to sleep no matter how hard I try and I am one miserable little pitiful soul feeling like Atlas holding up the weight of the whole world upon his shoulders.   How did “The Homeless Guy” ever go over eighty hours without sleep recently and not lose his mind?

1 comment:

Berryvox said...

I feel you. I've had effed up sleep patterns since my teens. As long as I don't have to be up for anything (or when I was bicycle touring, which put me on a normal sleep pattern because it's nearly impossible for me to bicycle at night), I'm awake for 20 hours, and asleep for 10 much of the time.