Saturday, September 26, 2015

He’s Late for a Very Important Date…

10pm rolled around last night and my father still hadn’t arrived with my medications.  I was reluctant to call him as he says I am like my mother trying to meddle in his business, but I was certainly growing concerned.  My father finally arrived at 11pm and I sighed with relief when that black CR-V pulled up to the curb. Maggie squealed with joy and started to bark in earnest.  I let Dixie out the front door to give him a grand welcoming up at the street. It’s akin to letting a greyhound out of the gate at the dog tracks.

I normally go to bed about 11pm these days, but I had to wait an hour for my medications to take effect so it was after midnight when I turned off all my lights in my house and Maggie and I went to bed.  Dixie usually sleeps on the couch these days.  Dad always remarks that my couch looks like a small animal had exploded on it with all of Dixie’s dog hair covering the cushions. 

“I am so very sorry son,”  he then told me apologetically as he stepped inside last night. “I was on my computer and lost track of the time.”

I can certainly understand that and I was just genuinely glad to see him and didn’t complain. I got Dixie back inside and we took my medications.  I always worry my father is going to get a driving under the influence charge when things like this happen.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

You don't want that to happen but it might be a wake up call..if you drink don't drive. Can't he call you to come pick up your mess? You could be home before they take effect.