Monday, September 07, 2015

Holiday? What Holiday? Oh, That Holiday…

happy-labor-day-2015-images-pictures-wallpapers-1Sometimes it feels as if I live in a big encapsulated vacuum.  It just dawned on me that it is Labor Day.  I got to thinking it was awful strange that nobody in my family has called all day. They were also not answering their phones.  The family unit must be at my sister’s house in Alexander City grilling out by the lake.  All I can realistically hope for is a nice big plate of good food on my father’s return and then we will go and get my groceries. 

Photo credit:   http://www.4th-of-july-2015.com/happy-labor-day-2015-images-pictures-wallpapers.html

Maybe She’s Going to be Happy…

I hope so, even though my father and I made a bet that she would be home within a month.  Dad says two weeks tops.

“And don’t you go and get her as well,” he told me sternly with an angry looking stare. “She’ll find a way home without you.”

Laura called me for a chat yesterday.  She seemed chipper and upbeat. I was glad she was okay and sounded well.  I finally figured out what kind of vibe all of this was giving me, though.  They are all like 40ish teenagers in high school dating and breaking up. It is like some teen drama I got roped into participating in.

No comments: