Monday, September 28, 2015

What’s a Kroger?

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA“I think I am going to pass on getting groceries tonight,” I told my father a moment ago during the medication ritual. “I’m feeling mentally topsy turvy, socially phobic, and a tad bit on the panicky side.”

All the ingredients that make for a crazy and discombobulated Andrew.

“Don’t you dare tell your mother that we didn’t go or she will obsess about it and drive me absolutely crazy,” my father replied. “You’ve got to completely promise me you won’t tell the secretary. She will think you are starving to death.”

“I promise,” I honestly said.  “I think I am going to bed early tonight. That will thrill the Magster’s soul. I still have plenty of soup left from last Monday so there’s no chance of me starving. I even have some bologna and honey wheat bread in the freezer.”

Dad said he was going to Kroger anyway to look for some good ribeye steaks hoping to get them at a good price. I told him to hurry as it was going start raining heavily in the next 30 minutes or so. I pulled up the radar on my computer in the den so he could see how far the rain had progressed northwards out of the Gulf of Mexico.

Photo Credit:   http://www.food-fire.com/index.php/2013/11/20/grilled-ribeyes-steak-butter/

No comments: